A mold-filled water supply in a Denver apartment building could be the reason why someone became ill after drinking water from a mold-infested water tank.

A man living in the building was sick Monday night and he was taken to a Denver hospital where he was treated for the symptoms, said Lt.

Jeff Jones with the Denver Police Department.

The man had been drinking a water tank filled with a moldy, foul-smelling water, Jones said.

The man was taken in by the Denver Health Department and has since been treated and released.