A man in Illinois has been diagnosed with a severe case of mold in his lungs.

Dr. Mark A. Krumholz, an allergist with the University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago, said in a statement Friday that he was told by the woman who developed the condition that her lungs had been infected with mold.

Krumholzer said he could not immediately confirm whether the woman was infected with a form of mold known as formaldehyde.

He said the man’s condition was stable and he was being evaluated.

Mold is one of the most common bacterial infections in the United States, but it’s not always deadly.

Some people are born with an immune system that makes them more resistant to it.

But it can be fatal if not treated.

Molds have been found in the lungs of more than 400 people in the U.S. and abroad, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It is not known if they are the same type of mold that causes lung infections.